Sunday, August 21, 2011

Getting Braver...

Logan seems to have inherited my scaredy-cat tendencies. He's always been afraid of swings, slides, rides, etc. Some of that changed a few weeks ago. I don't know what caused it, but all of a sudden, Logan decided he could go down some of the twisty slides and tunnel slides as long as Garrick or I was with him. Before we knew it, he was even willing to go on his own, and he loves it! We have been on a park tour of Orem these last couple weeks. We're checking out the playgrounds, the velocity of the slides, the number of kids, the presence of shade trees, etc. Park play is so much more fun now. Yay!!!!

We bought some "Pass of All Passes" last year, hoping to get our money's worth out of them. I think we've probably accomplished that, but barely. With a new baby and Garrick's Achilles injury, we've only made it down to Seven Peaks a couple of times. (Maybe next season.) The first time we went, Logan would ride my lap down the "baby slides." The next time we went, he went down those slides by himself (over and over and over again) and even braved some bigger slides on my lap. I'm hoping that next year he'll ride on my lap on one of the tube slides. We'll see...

Logan and Deyce coming out of one of the bigger slides. I think he would have liked it much better if it didn't splash water in our faces at the end.

Logan going down his favorite little slide.

A more recent picture of Lexi. She's smiling now, and it's so much fun! We go to the doctor on Tues, so I'll have to let you know how big she's getting to be.



1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Deyce, I don't know if I've told you yet, but congratulations on your new little girl! She's adorable and I am very interested in hearing how it is with two little ones, I haven't mentioned it on my blog (because we're telling my brother in Sept when we see them) but I'm 4 mo. pregnant. :) I'm just starting to get out of the "throwing up everyday" stage (I think! knock on wood) but I'm very aware of how hard its going to be with the two of them at the same time, they should be exactly 2 years apart. Anyway, love reading about you guys and wish we could get together and catch up for lunch one day!!