I had several people tell me to "just wait till he's ready." I thought, "this kid is never going to be ready and we have preschool in the fall. " I remember one conversation in which someone told me that Logan would just wake up one day and want to go on the toilet. This person said, "I know you don't believe me. At all. But it will happen. Trust me."
Well, that person was right! A couple of weeks ago the kids were getting over colds, so we were just hanging around home. I decided to give the potty pep talk one more go. Surprisingly, Logan decided it'd be ok to go on the toilet. He was successful (yay!), and suddenly, going on the potty became sort of a game. Every 20 min or so, Logan would run around saying, "I gotta go potty, I gotta go potty." Sometimes he did and other times he didn't, but that was the beginning of the best potty training experience. Seriously, besides the fact that Logan is nearly 3 1/2, the rest of this experience has been super. Logan has only had a couple of accidents in the 3 or 4 weeks that he's been in underwear. He even wakes up dry from his naps and in the mornings. We finally decided to let him wear underwear rather than Pull-ups to bed. We've only had one nighttime accident (and it happened to be in our bed. Yes, that's the one without a waterproof mattress cover). Not too shabby. We've been on vacation with Logan in underwear, we've been shopping, etc. He's done great!! What a big boy he's becoming! Love that kid!!!

Well, that person was right! A couple of weeks ago the kids were getting over colds, so we were just hanging around home. I decided to give the potty pep talk one more go. Surprisingly, Logan decided it'd be ok to go on the toilet. He was successful (yay!), and suddenly, going on the potty became sort of a game. Every 20 min or so, Logan would run around saying, "I gotta go potty, I gotta go potty." Sometimes he did and other times he didn't, but that was the beginning of the best potty training experience. Seriously, besides the fact that Logan is nearly 3 1/2, the rest of this experience has been super. Logan has only had a couple of accidents in the 3 or 4 weeks that he's been in underwear. He even wakes up dry from his naps and in the mornings. We finally decided to let him wear underwear rather than Pull-ups to bed. We've only had one nighttime accident (and it happened to be in our bed. Yes, that's the one without a waterproof mattress cover). Not too shabby. We've been on vacation with Logan in underwear, we've been shopping, etc. He's done great!! What a big boy he's becoming! Love that kid!!!
2 comments:
I'm so glad it has been a good experience! I'm waiting for the "wakes up and wants to use the toilet" day with Oliver.
It's such a triumph when it finally clicks! Yeah, Logan!!!
Post a Comment